Love & Peace

The following is a submission by Mohammed Alzaeem, who you can follow on Twitter at @mohammedalzaee1

"This is a YouTube link of a music piece titled Love & Peace composed by Yemeni Musician Ahmed Fathi.  It is a dialogue between Arabic Oud and western flute.  He played it in Washington in 2009.  I'm sure you'll like it."


Mohammed Alzaeem is certainly correct: I really like this piece.  I love the fact that Mohammed sent along a music piece, not only because of the beauty of the piece, but also because I hope that our discussion will follow many different paths.  In introducing his song Ahmed Fathi states, "We hope through this piece to improve, to enhance, the Arab portrait and the Muslim portrait, of the people here, and the future for our children."  This is a noble goal, and one that I'm sure we all share.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kindness

The Other Side of Yemen

Barran Temple